Because of the increasing complexity that comes with rapid business growth, workflow management software has become an essential tool for maintaining team cohesion and productivity. To guarantee that your project gets completed successfully and that quality is maintained throughout, this popular software category helps you plan tasks, coordinate with your team, manage workloads, and assess progress.
There are many reasons to invest in workflow software, but selecting the right package for your organization’s digital marketing needs is critical. Ahead of the Traffic & Conversion Summit, we’ve worked out eight of the best workflow management tools of 2023, so you don’t have to!
- Project management software-as-a-service (SaaS) tool Monday.com is utilized by small businesses, rapidly expanding teams, and large corporations. This task management tool is an all-in-one solution for managing both projects and workflows. Project management is streamlined, with an emphasis placed on structure and visibility, which simplifies otherwise convoluted workflow processes
- Flexible and Easy to Use – Monday.com is a top choice among workflow tools because it allows users to simply create tasks on a board and then add necessary steps to achieve task completion. Monday.com is flexible and easy to use right out of the box; importing information from other workflow management programs or even simple spreadsheets is quick and straightforward.
- Visualize Your Workflows – Workflows can be viewed in a variety of formats, including a list, a map, a Kanban board, or a Gantt chart. Workflow managers can get an overview of the status of their projects and the information they need to track by visualizing workflows in dashboards. Managers who constantly mediate between their teams and their firms’ executive suites can benefit greatly from this information, as it can help them better convey complex data sets.
- Height is a workflow management tool that allows users to create and manage several projects inside the same workspace, making it perfect for enterprises with different teams or departments that are all working on multiple projects simultaneously. Height stores everything you need to do in one place and tracks your progress, so you always know how far along you are in any specific project.
- Use Chats to Collaborate – Using Height’s collaboration features, businesses can combine the knowledge, experience, and ideas of all their employees in a single place. Users in specific groups can engage in real-time conversations to share ideas and coordinate their efforts. These users can mention one another in chats to capture each other’s attention and attach files to discussions that can be worked on at the same time.
- Keyboard Shortcuts Increase Productivity – Height also provides reacjis, GIFs, and stickers to use inside conversations, allowing users to further customize their chatting experiences. Keyboard shortcuts in Height can be modified to increase productivity while functioning with the user’s existing keyboard; users don’t have to learn complicated key combinations or waste time going through menus to set up new shortcuts and commands.
- Unlimited Users – Wrike is an easy-to-use workflow management app which allows for an unlimited number of users. Workflow managers can change project workflows, reports, dashboards, and request forms to best suit their needs.
- An Intuitive Interface – Wrike’s interface is so intuitive, you’ll be convinced to give it a try. You can see your project priorities laid out on a Kanban board, in a Gantt chart, or in a more conventional workload perspective. Wrike’s automation capabilities include automated work assignments via custom request forms, push alerts, and due-date monitoring.
- Made for Multiple Teams – Key performance indicator reports, information on resource allocation and management, and more are all available to managers. This workflow management app offers a number of various options for different types of groups, such as sales and marketing teams or IT departments.
- Smartsheet is a web-based project management tool that takes its cues from spreadsheets for the administration of projects, workflows, schedules, and more. Managers who currently use Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets for workflows and want to improve their experience will likely see Smartsheet as an ideal option.
- Automated Calculations – One of the main reasons to use Smartsheet is that its calculations can be automated, even if they span numerous pages. This kind of automation makes it possible for workflow managers to collect data from a wide variety of sources without having to manually construct elaborate formulas.
- Critical Path Functionality – Smartsheet’s reporting features are robust, including the ability to generate editable summary reports and export them to spreadsheets like Excel or Sheets. For workflow managers, Smartsheet’s Critical Path function highlights all activities that have a direct impact on a project’s completion deadline.
- With SaaS tool Pneumatic Workflow, project teams can better identify, structure, and coordinate workflows. Pneumatic Workflow can be used to automate tasks and simplify operations inside an organization.
- Increase Efficiency – Pneumatic Workflow aids groups in reducing the frequency and severity of mistakes, allowing for better internal and external communication. The tool increases output while decreasing waste, and it can also automate task management. With Pneumatic Workflow, there are four methods by which workflows can be initiated: executing the workflow manually, distributing kick-off forms, integrating with other SaaS systems, and using the Pneumatic public API.
- Free Templates Are Included – Pneumatic Workflow allows you to construct assembly lines, by which one team member receives the completed work of the previous team member, and so on. Alternatively, you can use one of the free pre-built templates to launch an infinite number of workflows. Workflows for onboarding new employees, creating and approving purchases, retaining existing customers, releasing new features, and more are all available in Pneumatic Workflow’s free template collection.
- BeSlick is a platform for managing workflows in small and medium-sized enterprises. The platform contains a powerful workflow designer with features like conditional branching, loops, and deadline dependencies, all displayed in a straightforward flowchart format.
- Setting Up Workflows Is Simple – To create a workflow, you select the workflow builder and choose a pre-built template from the extensive collection. Setting up task owners and due dates is simple. Each task inside a project can have a designated owner, and individual alerts can be created for each owner. Recurring tasks can be automatically scheduled to prevent them from being forgotten.
- Integrated Reporting – The most superior feature of BeSlick is integrated reporting for workflow process management. Managers can evaluate and enhance workflows by getting data on quality, comments, and unfinished actions.
- Share Workflows Via the Cloud – Lucidchart is a SaaS application for managing workflows in the cloud. Business process flows can be created and shared with coworkers using this unified platform. The infinite canvas allows you to easily design sophisticated diagrams of your most important workflows. Other capabilities include feedback management, graphing, data input, and configurable templates.
- Org Charts Are Easy – Lucidchart also has tools for making org charts and recording employee data, making it easy to see who does what and why. By limiting user access to read-only, administrators can control who has access to necessary files.
- Real-Time Collaboration – Lucidchart lets you create flowcharts, wireframes, and network and other types of diagrams, and the app also allows real-time collaboration between multiple users working on the same page. Lucidchart also features team management capabilities and mobile applications for iOS and Android, and it interfaces with other popular productivity software and services.
- A No-Code Solution – Last but not least, Kissflow Workflow is a no-code workflow management platform that includes automation capabilities.
- Templates and a Drag-and-Drop Form Builder – Kissflow Workflow allows users to either create new workflows from scratch or choose from a library of existing workflows. In order to get projects up and running, there are pre-built templates available for use by sales teams as well as human resources, procurement, finance, and operations departments. Using a drag-and-drop form builder, users can easily collect and save data, and they can monitor the status of their workflows with timely alerts.
As you can see, there’s no shortage of powerful and useful workflow tools available. The eight tools we have covered in this blog are some of the best in the market and offer unique features and benefits. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses, ake sure you use them according to your company and its specific needs!
Want to keep up to date with the latest digital marketing news and insight to help you cut through the noise? Subscribe to the T&C Insider Newsletter and get proven, actionable marketing tactics delivered straight to your inbox every Friday.